">

Saturday, May 07, 2005

BlogNashville Unloaded

Just arrived home from a day WELL spent at , kissed the wife, kicked the dogs.... Nah, didn't really kick the dogs, just spoke to them as I dragged into the house. I didn't sign up for any of the afterwards dinner gatherings. It was not due to lack of desire, but rather to time and finances. After meeting many fellow bloggers, I would have liked nothing better than to spend more quality time with them.

Anyway, I had a really great time! The conference sessions seemed well organized, were interesting, and the participants were well informed, experienced for the most part, and very energized. I won’t even attempt to blog the details, as so many more capable (meaning they have done this before, and I haven’t) people have already done so, or will as soon as they complete the evening’s festivities. Some links here, here, here, here and here. More available with a Google search. Photos here.

I was disappointed in only two things from this conference. One, it was not long enough by far! I was forced to choose among offered sessions during each time slot, and I wanted to attend them all. I missed Henry Copeland's session on Making Money, Staci Kramer's on Journalism, Dan Gillmor's on Citizen Media, and Rebecca MacKinnon's on Global Blogging. And that was just in the morning! And at an hour and fifteen minutes each, the sessions I did attend were WAY too short! So much to see and do, so little time. Two, I missed meeting Chris Muir of Day by Day fame. I know he was there, and I was looking, but just never ran across him.

I did have one unexpected pleasure, though. I got to meet and speak with John Jay Hooker, a local Tennessee Attorney and Politician (former gubernatorial candidate a time or three) of no small reputation. 'Nuff said about that.

I want to offer many thanks to the Media Bloggers Association, to those individuals who worked so hard to sponsor, organize and run this event, and to Belmont University for the use of the facilities. Nice campus they have there.

To all the attendees, I offer a heartfelt "Y'all come back now! Heah?"

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that Nashville's own Mr. Roboto has named Rebecca MacKinnon as Miss BlogNashville! Rats! I must have missed the swimsuit competition!