">

Friday, November 25, 2005

Blogroll Addition

I try to keep up with the news, especially from the Iraq/Afghanistan theaters. I have quite a few blogs listed in my left sidebar under the MilBlog heading for just this purpose. However, I find that with some it is many days between visits; there just aren't enough hours in a day to visit all as often as I'd like. Because of this, I sometimes miss a post hot of the press, so to speak.

From Blog Machine City comes this nice tidbit:

I'd like to announce a small project I've been working on for a couple of weeks, but first a little background.

There are a ton of milblogs out there today, despite increasing OPSEC concerns and the shutdown of various high-profile milbloggers like My War, This is Your War, and Armor Geddon. Keeping track of all of them is a daunting task; between the Milblog Ring, Mudville Gazette, and Milblogging.com, one can get a good picture of what's going on, but those sites didn't quite give me the view I wanted. What I really wanted was a centralized list of all the newest updates in one place, so I could browse them all easily.

Of course, technologies like RSS and Atom make this relatively easy - so I poked around and came up with this:

SIGACTS: Milblog RSS Aggregation From Around the World

[...]

Great idea. I've added this aggregation site to my blogroll. I will still try to visit all of the MilBlogs I have blogrolled, but this will help keep me up to date a little easier, I think.

Technorati : , , ,